VIPLeague Chat Guide
Questions covered in this topic:
- Q1: How can I use chat?
- Q2: General chat advice
- Q3: Do I have to use chat?
- Q4: How can I close chat or reopen it if I closed it?
- Q5: Chat isn’t opening. What can I do?
- Q6: What chat should I choose?
- Q7: How do I turn off the clicking noise?
- Q8: How do I change my colour, font or size?
- Q9: How do I change my name?
- Q10: How do I add a picture to my profile?
- Q11: What is a PM and how do I use it?
- Q12: What are the Chat Rules?
- Q13: What languages can be used in Chat?
- Q14: I think I was banned. What should I do?
- Q15: How long will my ban last?
- Q16: If I am banned can I still watch the streams?
- Q17: Am I banned in all chats or only one?
- Q18: The mod banned me for no reason. What can I do?
- Q19: Help: banned in a group, but not on the ban list.
- Q20: I have forgotten my password. What can I do?
- Q21: Can I block anons?
Q1: How can I use chat?
For some chats you need to register a user name; in other chats you can use a temp name and sign in anonymously. Simply type something in the comment box and a small window asking you for sign-in details will appear.
Chat is open to all who wish to register. It is free to register and only takes a few seconds. It can be a valuable tool for contacting admins with requests or problems and meeting others with the same interests.
Q2: General chat advice
- We ask you to respect all users and all sports. We understand passions may sometimes run high but we reserve the right to delete or ultimately ban people who use offensive or abusive language.
- If you see people have already posted about problems with links, please refrain from adding to it. Chat can become busy and repeated postings may be considered spam.
- While we always like to hear your opinions and any problems, excessive complaining may try admin’s patience. Admin work hard to provide good, quality, reliable links, but external factors beyond our control may cause problems. Be patient and remember this site is free!
Q3: Do I have to use chat?
It is not necessary to join chat to watch streams and you can choose to close chat at any time.
Q4: How can I close chat or reopen it if I closed it?
When chat opens there will be a Close Chat feature in yellow just above. Simply click this to close chat.
If you want to use chat after closing it, then click VIP Info (blue box on the stream and schedule page). Click on the chat you want to use.
Q5: Chat isn’t opening. What can I do?
Chat should open automatically about 2 minutes after you load the stream page.
There may be several reasons why chat doesn’t auto-open:
- You may be using a proxy.
- You may be in a college or workplace that allocated a group IP. similar to a proxy
- Chat does not open for some countries.
- There may be something in your cache. Clear your cache and reload page. (If you don’t know how to clear cache check the VIPLeague Clear Cache Guide)
- If you click full screen before chat opens then exit full screen, chat will not autoload.
- Admins may have closed chat due to high capacity or site work.
You can manually open popout chats which are listed on the stream page. (VIP Info & Chats)
Q6: What chat should I choose?
Chat should open automatically after 1-2 minutes based on the sport chosen or your location or language. You can manually open a chat from the Chats section on the right on the schedule page or from VIP Info on the stream page.
Q7: How do I turn off the clicking noise?
Under chat is a small speaker icon. Click that to mute the clicking noise.
Q8: How do I change my colour, font or size?
Under the chat box there are various tools:
Bg: change your name colour and background colour.
T: change your font
11: change your font size
A: change your font colour
Q9: How do I change my name?
Log out. Post a message in the comment box and the sign-in window will appear. Sign in with new details.
Q10: How do I add a picture to my profile?
In chat click on the picture next to your name. A new chatango tab will open. Click Edit Profile. Here you can edit your profile and add a picture.
Q11: What is a PM and how do I use it?
A PM is a Private Message.
- Click on your picture to open your private page. On the right you can meet people or add friends. Search for the name you want then click to chat privately.
- Click on the picture of the person you want to chat with. Your private window will open.
Please do not send a private message (PM) to admins, especially during busy sports times, unless you ask and are granted permission in general chat. Unfortunately admins are very busy and cannot respond to all messages. Alternatively you may use the Contact Us link on the homepage.
Q12: What are the Chat Rules?
- Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.
- Personal attacks, name calling, threats, harassment or mistreatment of other members are not allowed.
- You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation in a way that others may find insulting. Posts of a sectarian or bigoted nature are prohibited. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.
- Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs.
- This is a social site and if you are doing anything which the moderators or admins deem ‘bad for the social nature of the site’ you will be asked to stop.
Posts which contain any of the above will be deleted immediately and a warning will be given. If you choose to ignore any warnings given, you’ll receive a ban.
If anyone sees another member violating these rules, please send a PM to a moderator or the webmaster. Do not respond to them. Be especially careful not to respond to personal attacks, name calling, and flames.
Immediate bans without warning will occur for Racism, Bigotry and ‘Links to other streaming sites’.
Mods will issue warnings for:Excessive use of caps, Spam, Underlining, Abuse of a personal nature, Posts of a religious, political or sectarian nature which may cause offense.
Q13: What languages can be used in Chat?
Chat should open automatically based on the category of stream you have selected or your location.
English only: Footy, Moto, Fight, Rugby, NFL, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Other, TV, Euro
Some chats were made specifically for native languages.
Q14: I think I was banned. What should I do?
If you don’t follow the simple rules of chat etiquette, a ban may result. If you feel your ban was unwarranted, or you have learned your lesson and promise never to break chat rules again, you may appeal to admins or mods, either through private message (PM) or the Contact us link on the homepage. Admins or mods may take pity and unban you. Unbanning is not an option for racism or those who have posted links for other sites.
Occasionally there is a chatango bug which means although the member has not been banned, others cannot see their posts. This is beyond our control. Please contact chatango directly.
While we always like to hear your opinions and any problems, excessive complaining may try admins patience. Admin work hard to provide good, quality, reliable links, but external factors beyond our control may cause problems. Be patient and remember this site is free!
Q15: How long will my ban last?
It depends on what you did. Some bans may be a simple time-out for 10 minutes or until the game is over. Other bans may be permanent.
Every two months or so we have an amnesty and unban most, except for linkers or racists.
Q16: If I am banned can I still watch the streams?
There are different types of bans.
99% of bans are chat bans and it is still possible to watch the streams.
Admins also have the option to site ban which means you will be unable to access the site at all.
Q17: Am I banned in all chats or only one?
In most cases you will be banned in only one chat. In serious cases admin may decide to ban you from all chats or even site ban you.
Q18: The mod banned me for no reason. What can I do?
There is nearly always a reason. Mods are mods for a reason and as a site we put our trust in them. Admin will not overturn bans without good reasons.
If you feel your ban was unwarranted, or you have learned your lesson and promise never to break chat rules again, you may appeal to admins or mods, either through private message (PM) or the Contact us link on the homepage. Admins or mods may take pity and unban you. Unbanning is not an option for racism or those who have posted links for other sites.
If you feel a mod has acted inappropriately then contact admin.
Q19:Help: banned in a group, but not on the ban list.
If you were not banned but still cannot post there may be a problem with your chatango account. Contact chatango directly with the chat url and ask them to clear their cache. This make take a week or two to resolve.
Alternatively, switch off your router for one minute and clear your cache.
Q20: I have forgotten my password. What can I do?
Go to http://chatango.com/login and click on ‘Forgot password?’.
Q21: Can I block anons?
Yes. There are two ways to block “anon”s (people who message you through your Chatango mini box without signing up for Chatango):
- Block an individual anon by clicking the Block this person button when an anon contacts you.
- Block all anon’s: Account > Settings > and uncheck Allow anons to message me.
If you block all anons, all people will be asked to log in before they can private message you.